It has been my honor to serve as your Councilmember and Mayor this past four years, and previously from 1996 through 2008.
My wife Kristen and I, along with our Corgi dogs, have lived in Del Mar for 34 years. We raised our two children here and have served in many volunteer activities.
I have accomplished much for you in the last four years, including:
• Organized residents and fought to defeat Marisol Measure G to protect the North Bluff and our Community Plan.
• Championed our Del Mar Streetscape Plan until it was finally completed.
• Helped create, and voted for, our Sea Level Rise Adaptation Plan without Managed Retreat.
• Opened new City Hall.
• Helped select our new City Manager.
• Advocated tirelessly to keep Beach and Bluff access for residents.
As Del Mar emerges from its COVID-19 financial crisis, I will leverage my business experience to lead us out of the economic downturn and work to accomplish the following goals so important to all of us:
• Underground utility poles and wires for wildfire protection.
• Rebuild financial reserves and Measure Q funds.
• Gain Coastal Commission approval of our Sea Level Rise Adaptation Plan without Managed Retreat.
• Resolve Short-Term Rental Issue – Nothing has been accomplished in four years – We must work with Coastal Commission instead of continuing to sue them.
• Fulfill Del Mar’s State-mandated housing requirements while protecting our neighborhoods from increased density.
• Continue to implement our Climate Action Plan – We must help stop global warming.
• Become less reliant on Fairgrounds sales tax revenue.
• Upgrade our infrastructure – streets, storm drainage, water and sewer pipes.
• Leverage technology instead of adding more city staff.
We must preserve the residential character of Del Mar and seek a more vibrant downtown.
You can depend upon my leadership, experience, and track record. Please vote for Dave Druker. Residents First!