Bud Emerson | Klish Way
Del Mar’s search for a new City Manager is underway with applications due October 20. Using feedback from the City Council and suggestions from interested citizens, a profile of the perfect candidate has emerged.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities:
• Creative problem solver and out-of-the box strategic thinker.
• Engaged with residents and the business community.
• Good listener with a sense of humor: someone who is polished and calm under pressure.
• Ability to maintain and lead a high performing and proactive executive management team.
• Fair and ethical. Politically savvy, yet apolitical. Maintains neutrality in Council-Manager relations.
• Open and welcomes feedback.
• Strong finance background: and experience with complex municipal budgets.
• Experience working with local chambers or similar organizations, engaging the business community, and downtown revitalization.
• Efficient manager of time and resources, clear and succinct oral, and written communication skills.
• Good understanding of the relationships and interactions among California’s governing structures.