I deeply care about Del Mar and believe we need new responsible, responsive leadership that represents our ENTIRE community.
Under our current and past city councils, we have a dying downtown, a major retail center that has an eye-popping forty percent vacancy rate, businesses and residents that want to improve facilities or homes but cannot because of overly burdensome and costly regulations, and a culture of animosity among neighbors.
We have a tax increase on the ballot, but our city does not use our revenues effectively or match spending to reflect residents’ priorities.
As your Del Mar City Council Member, I will:
• Honor the Community Plan.
• Work for consistent, impartial enforcement of the Del Mar’s laws and ordinances.
• Ensure Del Mar’s spending aligns with what the community wants. Residents, for example, have said they want a vibrant downtown, more beautification, improved streets, and improved traffic enforcement.
• Reduce unnecessary government oversight and regulation.
• Promote respect among neighbors and neighborhoods.
• Ensure we manage city resources as effectively as possible in a manner that serves our community needs.
About T. Pat Stubbs T. Pat Stubbs is a longtime resident who has lived in Del Mar with his wife Marti Jo and their two sons for over 20 years. T. Pat’s first job was at the Del Mar Fair. He went on to spend 19 years marketing the Del Mar Racetrack. He now co-owns Pacifica Del Mar. T. Pat served over 8 years as a member and then chair of the City of Del Mar’s Design Review Board. He currently is a Del Mar Foundation board member and chairs its summer concerts. T. Pat co-founded the Del Mar Village Association. He also has served the boards of the Torrey Pines Foundation, the San Dieguito Boys and Girls Club, and Rotary Club.