Nicole Holliday | Crest Road
Most of the ingredients may be found in the Del Mar Farmers Market. This recipe can be found online at www.rawguru.com/raw-food-recipes/thai-lettuce-wraps-by-diana-stobo.html.html
Ingredients - Serves 4
1 head of Lettuce, Butter, Bib, or Romaine:
Blue Heron Farm
1 1/2 cups almonds: Hopkins AG, Smit Orchard
1/2 cup zucchini, diced: Blue Heron Farm, Valdivia Farms
1/2 cup champignon mushrooms: Kawano Farm
1/2 red bell pepper, diced: Ray Subtropical
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced: Valdivia
1/4 cup scallions, minced (greens only): Ray Subtropical
1/4 cup raw wild honey: Kettle Korn
1/4 cup Nama Shoyu
1 clove fresh garlic, minced: Schaner Farm
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
2 Tablespoons hulled sesame seeds
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
Mung Bean sprouts
Carrot, grated: Kawano Farm
1. Gently separate lettuce leaves, wash and dry.
2. Pulse the sauce in a food processor 3-4 times.
3. Add almonds to processor and pulse 4-5 times until meat of almond is the consistency of ground meat.
4. Add vegetables to processor and pulse 3-4 more times until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Place 2-3 lettuce leaves on plate, scoop 2-3 tablespoons of almond meat mixture onto leaf.
6. Garnish with Mung Beans, and grated carrot.