Joanne Sharp | Umatilla Street
|Images from Amazon.com. Click to enlarge.
Book Babes is sponsored by Del Mar Community Connections and is open to anyone who would like to join us. All babes (and dudes) are welcome and we guarantee a lively discussion! The Babes read books on any subject that interests us, which we choose by discussion and consensus. Our only rule is that a book has to be available in a range of media, including paperback. We meet on the last Thursday of the month from 2-3 pm at the Del Mar Community Building.
Here are some titles we have read so far:
Confederates in the Attic by Tony Horwitz
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Hummingbird’s Daughter by Luis Urrea
- The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
- Land of A Hundred Wonders by Lesley Kagen
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
In the coming months we will be reading:
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
- Defending Jacob by William Landay
- Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver
- My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor
- Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff
We enjoy talking about the books we disliked as much as those we loved!