Nicole Holliday | Crest Road
My family enjoys seafood and ceviche is a real favorite. Lucy (8 years old) is crazy for this recipe and will eat it in her school lunch with tortilla chips. You can get most of the ingredients (except the serrano chile) at our Farmers Market.
Shrimp Ceviche Recipe. If you find the ceviche a little too acidic, drain out some of the juices after the marinating, add a little more avocado (or some olive oil) and/or a little more salt.
• 1 pound medium-small shrimp, peeled and deveined (Dry Dock)
• Tbsp salt
• 3/4 cup lime juice (juice from 4-6 limes) ( Rancho Mexico Lindo / Shaner Farms / Bernard Ranches)
• 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice from 2-3 lemons) ( Rancho Mexico Lindo / Shaner Farms / Bernard Ranches)
• 1 cup finely chopped red onion (Schaner Farms)
• 1 serrano chile, ribs and seeds removed, minced
• 1 cup chopped cilantro (Maciel Farms)
• 1 cucumber, peeled diced into 1/2-inch pieces (Kawano Farms)
• 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (Rancho Mexico Lindo)
• 1 Medium tomato seeded and chopped (Valdevia Farms)
*** Serve with tortilla chips (Gourmet Tamales)